Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pleas for Sex in Hotel Bar

I'm currently vacationing in Chicago. And as I leach from the hotel wi-fi(which oddly is only available for free by the bar) there's is a couple sitting next to me. I don't see the face of either person, but the man has a thick accent. The girl is clearly American and has a whinny voice. And as I sit in this bar, my face lit up by my father's laptop, they're arguing over the merits of first date sex.

First, I hear, "I have work in the morning. I can't. I can't  believe you're asking me this."

The man mumbles in a form of jaded english, I can't really understand him. She tells him, she wants to see him again and repeats she has work in the morning. He seems unable to understand this concept. I'm only hearing their voices. She tells him to order her another shot. There's an eerie silence. He returns and the converstation quickly goes back down hill.

"How dare you! Why are you making me feel little? You're making me feel two years old."

She's getting pretty pissed off. She demands he call her a cab. There's more mumbling. I can hear the man say something about the cab. They both get up. As soon as they walk past me, shoot a glance in their direction. I only see they're backs. The lady was short and had long, blond hair. The man was about her size and Asian.

I can only imagine what this lady is going to say tomorrow when her co-worker Jane asks how her date went, "Oh, let me tell you, I think he was the biggest douchebag I've ever met in my life." They'll go on to make racist jokes.

Joel Samson Berntsen (Listening to some club mix with heavy bass)

No comments: