Friday, February 20, 2009

Anticipation

I cannot wait for two movies. Mark that two. Granted there are plenty of films I’d really love to see right now such as Watchman and Star Trek. However, Edger Wright’s adaptation of the Scott Pilgrim series, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, has me wetting my pants in anticipation. Not only is Scott Pilgrim played by Michael Cera, but the film has the best casting I’ve ever seen. Ever. Check it out yourself. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/ .Scott Pilgrim might be my favorite illustrated series of writing I’ve read. I really need to write about it. Moving on to the next film…

Last year, while on the holocaust unit in my continuing education, I wondered why no one has ever told a story of Jews fighting and Killing Nazis. I apparently sent a telepathic link to several people in Hollywood because with Defiance recently released it seems that it’s the new thing. With Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Bastards being filmed, I am filled with extreme giddiness. One of my favorite Directors, plus Brad Pitt, add violence, and mix in key figures of the Nazi party and you’ve got my attention. I disparately wish it was August.
Joel Samson Berntsen(E18-Deterktivbryan)

No comments: